Another improvement to share from our production floor. Previously, work cell technicians would enter serial numbers into the appropriate file, one by one, then laser mark it directly onto the unit or an ID plate that goes on the unit. Depending on how many units are being marked, this could take hours of time. Now, we’re able to set up the file parameters so the laser marker runs a range of serial numbers, automating what used to be a manual process. This allows our work cell technicians to auto-populate a range of serial numbers; reducing the waste in number of entries (over processing) and chance for human error (defects). In addition, no longer is someone waiting on the laser machine to finish so the next serial number can be entered.
- Pacific Design Technologies, Inc. announces the appointment of Michael Brown as President
- Lean Manufacturing Blog: Streamlining the Process Through Automation
- Lean Manufacturing Blog: Visual Consumable Andon Board
- Lean Manufacturing Blog: Visual Engineering Boards
- Lean Manufacturing Blog: Thermal Chamber Schedule