As part of its ongoing efforts to become an industry leading example of lean manufacturing, PDT is always looking for new ways to save time and eliminate waste. For suppliers that meet specific criteria, including a history of compliant parts and a supplier rating of Premier or higher, PDT has initiated a “Ship-To-Stock” program in order to reduce overall inspection time for parts. In doing so, PDT removed some of the over-processing efforts related to the initial receiving inspection. Consequently, PDT saved thousands of dollars in the month of January, 2018. Another win for lean manufacturing!
- Lean Manufacturing Blog: IR & D Visual Board
- Pacific Design Technologies, Inc. announces the appointment of Michael Brown as President
- Lean Manufacturing Blog: Streamlining the Process Through Automation
- Lean Manufacturing Blog: Visual Consumable Andon Board
- Lean Manufacturing Blog: Visual Engineering Boards