Job Title: Mechanical Designer
Designs and executes layouts of complex products and systems of an electrical, mechanical, and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Conceptualizes the design of a product according to customer and engineering specifications. Performs tolerance stackup of the design to ensure parts compatibility and total design accuracy.
- Serves as designer on systems as required. Responsible for all aspects of design project, including design, drafting, and associated product documentation.
- Troubleshoots and solves design problems for project personnel, including design of test tooling.
- Acts as the design liaison between suppliers, procurement, assembly and test.
- Creates layouts, envelope, assembly, sub-assembly, and detailed drawings.
- Creates bills of material.
- Directs or creates proposal drawings from Engineering and Marketing inputs.
- Responsible for maintaining consistency in regards to PDT systems, procedures, and drafting
Education and Experience:
- Associate (A.S.) degree in design/drafting; and/or minimum of 10 years design/drafting experience, recommended.
- Ten years design experience-using SolidWorks modeling software or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Requires knowledge of military and commercial standards.
- Requires strong interpersonal communications (written and verbal) with a positive attitude and ability to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner and on schedule.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, polite and courteous manner.
- Requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with ability to organize and maintain proprietary files and records.
- Requires ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability to deal with changing conditions and requirements.
- Requires ability to effectively read and interpret documentation, i.e., drawings, specifications, company operating procedures, etc.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations necessary to support the development of mechanical orthographic drawings and perform required tolerance studies.
License, Certification, or Preferred Qualifications:
- None required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with fingers, and perceived attributes of objects and materials.
- Personal computer and software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- 3D modeling software (SolidWorks).
- Solidworks PDM software
- Standard office equipment; telephone, copier, facsimile machine, calculator, and others as required.
Interested applicants should apply by sending cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from qualified applicants.
Are you interested in making innovative contributions to the aerospace, defense, and space markets? We’re a small, fast-growing, and internationally recognized specialist in the products shown in this web site. We want terrific people with a passion for technical exploration in the development of superior products. Interested? Then send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: HR@pd-tech.com Applicants must be dependable, detail oriented and committed to quality and excellent customer service. In return we offer excellent benefits, a pleasant work environment and a great bunch of people to work with.